The Problem With Hosting Insects, Rodents & Wildlife In Your Home!
Mice and squirrels may look cute as they scamper across your lawn, but if you’ve ever had rodents get into your attic, you know the truth about these pests. Don’t let their small size and furry faces fool you! These pests are destructive animals that will only cause you headaches in the long-run. However, these rodents aren't the only pests you have to worry about finding their way into your attic space. Here in Maine, pests such as rats, bats, and many types of insect and wildlife pests also take up residence in the upper reaches of your home, and if you aren’t aware of their presence or choose to ignore them, you’ll find yourself with many problems, both now and in the future!
Why Are Pest Problems So Dangerous?
If you still aren't convinced on how bad it is to have pests living in your home, consider some of the issues that arise when you play host to pests:
- They’ll chew, rip, and tear through your insulation, which not only damages your property, but also makes your home less energy-efficient.
- They’ll chew on wiring, which damages it and presents a fire hazard.
- They’ll chew on piping and ductwork, causing an assortment of problems.
- If a leak occurs due to the damage, you can easily end up with a mold issue.
- They’ll leave urine and feces all over the place. This is not only gross, but also presents a health hazard for your family. Air from the attic can flow directly down into your home, and rodent and bat feces and urine have been proven to trigger allergic reactions, cause hantavirus (a potentially life-threatening disease), and be contaminated with bacteria and parasites.
- Insects, rodents, and wildlife pests can carry and spread a number of diseases and parasites that can make humans become very sick.
When pests like mice, rats, bats, and other harmful pests get into your attic, the problems they cause don't just include the annoyance of hearing them scurrying around. In fact, having those pests around is a serious health and safety hazard to your entire family and needs to be taken care of as quickly as possible. That’s where MainelyPest comes in!
Our Professional Attic Refurbishing Services
Here at MainelyPest, we offer full-service attic refurbishing and reconditioning services for homeowners throughout our Maine service area. From the time you first call us, we can typically arrive for your initial inspection within 48 hours. The entire refurbishment process takes approximately two days, depending on the size of your home. We understand the need to take care of an attic infestation in a timely manner, and do our best to make the process as easy and stress-free for you and your family as possible! We also can offer you home pest control services to help keep pests out of your main home area.
What Does Attic Refurbishing Include?
Free Initial Inspection
In order to provide you with the best possible service, we need to understand the size and scope of the problem that you're dealing with. When we arrive at your home, we’ll first discuss the infestation with you, then conduct a thorough inspection of your attic space. The inspection includes determining how the pests got into the attic and what will be needed in order to completely repair the problem. When the inspection is complete, you’ll receive a free quote, based in part on the size of your house and the extent of the damage in your attic.
After we perform an inspection of your home and determined which pests you're dealing with, there are several steps in the attic refurbishing process.
- For the first step of this process, we must take the steps needed to exclude any pest invaders that are currently residing in your attic space.
- Then we clean out all damaged insulation and animal feces. The insulation we remove may be damaged due to chewing or animal urine or feces.
- Next, we'll sanitize the attic to ensure any remaining health hazards are neutralized. This is an important part of the process that must not be skipped.
- Finally, we'll install the new insulation into your attic space to replace all the insulation that we removed while we serviced your home.
Follow Up & Guarantee
At MainelyPest, we guarantee our work. When servicing your attic, we'll take before and after pictures so you can see the work we did in your attic from start to finish. In addition, if you have any further issues after we've treated your attic, we'll return to your property to ensure that the job has been done properly. In fact, it's our guarantee!
Why Our Insulation Is The Best In The Business
At MainelyPest, we use a cellulose-based insulation that is treated with borate in our attic refurbishing services. This insulation has many benefits, including:
- Cellulose is very energy-efficient, which will save you money on energy bills.
- Cellulose is an eco-friendly product, made up of mostly recycled materials.
- Our cellulose insulation is fire retardant, meaning after it's installed, your home will be safer than it was before.
- Our insulation is treated with borate, which kills common pests that often try to find their way into your attic.
- Borate is a form of boric acid. It’s a salt that has been used for hundreds of years as a natural pesticide.
Our insulation is a green option that works to save you money while also protecting your home and preventing home pest infestations. And you can’t do much better than that! To learn more about our professional attic refurbishment services, and how they can benefit your home or to schedule your free inspection, reach out to us today! Don't forget to ask us about our professional commercial pest control for your Maine business.
We had three hornet nests on our property... two under our deck and one in our air-exchange system. Kyle is an impressive owner/operator -- communicates with the customer, shows up on time, works efficiently. This was my first experience with a pest control service... I hope I don't need one again, but if I do, MainelyPest will get the call. Thanks, Kyle!